Happy 2017! We hope everyone enjoyed the holiday season and is off to a positive start in this new year! We've been busy, busy over here and wanted to share a couple of updates with you all.
- The Associated Press came to interview us a couple of months ago for an article they were composing regarding the cricket industry. We welcomed them into the Farm and into our kitchen for some discussion, education and, of course, taste testing. Once the artcle was released, shortly after the holidays, we were thrilled to see it picked up by various publications and news venues all over the world! So far, we've seen the article everywhere from our local newspapers to the Chicago Tribune, CNBC, Singapore News and Japan Today, among others! Here's a link to the article via CNBC.com. It's a quick but good read about the cricket industry and also includes interview excerpts from some our fellow business owners.
- We just added a new recipe to our website: Flourless Banana Protein Pancakes. This recipe is basically a variation of the paleo-friendly pancakes but with the addition of cricket protein powder. These came out so delicious that we actually had to cut our two toddlers off after a while (and they are definitely our harshest critics!). Best part is, between the eggs and the cricket powder, there are about 30g of protein per serving!!!
- If you haven't seen the change already, we are now offering $6.00 flat rate shipping anywhere in the U.S. for powder and FREE delivery service if you're in the Burlington, VT area!
- We've also added two new pages to our website: Cricket Powder FAQ and Testimonials. We include the FAQ document with all of our orders; however, we thought it might be useful to have it right there on the website. The Testimonials page is still a work in progress as we're compiling some of our feedback but we are loving hearing from you so keep it coming!
- Although, it isn't listed as a product in our Shop quite yet, we are selling whole, frozen crickets! If you would like to place an order, please contact us so that we may assist you! We are compiling some recipes involving whole crickets now and will be posting those soon.
Thanks for reading and we hope you all have a great start to February!
~ The Tomorrow's Harvest Team