FLOURLESS BANANA PROTEIN PANCAKES
These protein cakes are paleo-friendly, low-carb, low-sugar, easy to make, packed with 30 grams of protein (!!) per serving and are so delicious. In fact, go ahead, have them on a Tuesday because they're almost too healthy for the weekend.
Recipe serves one person.
- 1 and 1/2 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons cricket powder
- Maple syrup
- Peanut butter (for even more protein!)
- Mash bananas in a bowl
- Add whisked eggs, add vanilla extract, cinnamon, baking powder and cricket powder; stir to combine
- Pour batter to form small pancakes into a skillet over medium/low heat. (smaller sized pancakes are easier to flip without breaking; medium/low heat may need to be adjusted based on your stove.)
- Cook about 1-2 minutes and flip to cook for another 1-2 minutes (time may vary depending on heat level and size of pancakes).
- Can serve immediately and top with maple syrup and fresh fruit, or, store in the refridgerator and reheat as needed. (We have even popped ours in the toaster the next day and spread some peanut butter on them for a healthy snack!)
This recipe is an adaptation of Paleo Leap's version found here.