Sugarless Pumpkin Protein Muffins
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 cup cricket powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon cloves
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup oil (I used coconut oil)
- 3/4 cup smashed banana
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the dry ingredients (from the flour down to the baking powder).
- Make a well (hole) in the center and throw in the eggs, oil, banana, and vanilla. Stir together thoroughly with a fork, but do not overmix.
- Fold in the pumpkin puree.
- Generously grease a large loaf pan or put muffin liners in a muffin pan and then pour in the batter.
- For a loaf bake for approximately 30 – 40 minutes and for muffins bake for approximately 18 - 22 minutes. Check for doneness by making sure a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Thank you to Lisa Leake, 100 Days of Real Food, for the basis of this recipe.